DFW Retail Center
Significant foundation damage was found underneath a popular restaurant’s crawl space. Corrosion caused by damp conditions and soil contact with the steel floor joists compromised the integrity of these load bearing beams.Learn More
CLICK BELOW FOR FOUNDATION REPAIR BROCHURE
Foundation Damage and Excavation Services
Property managers, asset managers, building owners and building engineers: Thinking about buying, selling, or maintaining commercial property?
Consider the condition of the building’s foundation before proceeding
DOES YOUR PROPERTY NEED EXCAVATION SERVICES FOR FOUNDATION DAMAGE?
There are many reasons foundations can be compromised over time. If a building is over 10 years old and the foundation is pier and beam, there’s a significant chance that there may be some damage, no matter how well the foundation was built initially.
FOUNDATION DAMAGE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS
1. Soil Heaving due to significant change in moisture level over time
2. Insufficient ventilation resulting in high humidity in the crawl space
3. Poor drainage
4. Water and/or sewer line leaks
One or more of these conditions can result in foundation damage that will require excavation.
POSSIBLE SIGNS OF FOUNDATION DAMAGE
• Uneven or sloping floors
• Cracks in exterior or interior finish
• Cracks in exterior walkways and parking areas
• Doors won’t open or close properly
• Walls separating from building
Individual signs are rarely severe and this structural damage can go undetected for years but a failure can be hazardous and costly.
THE MOORING FOUNDATION REPAIR PROCESS
1. Identify foundation type (slab or pier and beam)
2. Visually inspect the exterior and crawl space
3. Identify areas of specific concern
4. Document damage
5. Define a schedule
6. Excavate the affected area
7. Repair structural damage (steel or timbers)
8. Install ventilation to regulate humidity
9. Repair all plumbing leaks
10. Install catch basins and drainage system
All with minimal business interruption.
THE MOORING DIFFERENCE
At Mooring we are working with Engineers, Architects, and Building Consultants to develop cost effective solutions that are designed specifically to address the unique circumstances of each project. Our customized method will not only repair the structural and foundation damage but also correct the underlying cause so that the problem does not return.