Texas University Hazmat Job
Indoor Air Quality issues on several building throughout campus, coordinated during summer and winter breaks to preform HVAC duct cleaning. 2007,2008,2009,2010.Learn More
Our dispatchers and hazardous material and
environmental services specialists are on-call
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
As professionals in the areas of restoration, remediation and reconstruction services, Mooring has encountered many situations that pose environmental risks and necessitate specialized protocols to protect human health. To address and offer solutions for these risks, MRS maintains Texas State and EPA Federal licensing / Accreditation in asbestos, lead and mold abatement through our Environmental Services division for both residential and commercial properties.
Mooring provides Asbestos Abatement, Lead Abatement,
and Mold Remediation environmental services.
The Environmental Services division at Mooring is experienced in asbestos, lead and mold abatement and will work closely with the customer and industrial hygienist to ensure the project is completed in a legal, safe and cost-effective manner. Full documentation will be provided at the conclusion of each environmental services project.
Our procedures for an abatement project are efficient, thorough, and highly regulated by state and federal guidelines as set forth by the EPA, OSHA and the Texas DSHS. The exact process will vary slightly from project to project; however, in general, these same basic procedures apply to almost all remediation projects. The goal of every project is to satisfy our customer’s needs while protecting their health, the health of our workers, and the health of the general public. While this outline of the process is not inclusive of every specific step required to complete your project, it provides a general idea of what you can expect.
- An MRS environmental supervisor will visit and evaluate your property and meet with your industrial hygienist if applicable.
- An MRS estimator will provide a proposal to you for your review. If the proposal is accepted, the supervisor will schedule the project with you and send in any required notifications to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- A team of MRS workers will arrive at your property where they will isolate the work area by setting up containment barriers to seal all areas including doors, windows, and openings. Additional sheeting will be used to protect walls, floors, and other property. Signs and barricades will also be posted around the work area so that an individual may take necessary steps to avoid exposure.
- Negative pressure will be created in the containment area by using a HEPA filtered air filtration device while exhausting filtered air to the outside. This provides extra protection by preventing the release of emissions to any inside areas.
- All asbestos, lead, or mold containing materials will be removed in accordance with each contaminant’s regulations. Depending on the scope of work and materials being removed, this may include scraping, sanding, brushing, and/or demolition.
- The material is placed in leak tight containers, in most cases sealed polyethylene bags for disposal. The bags will then be decontaminated and removed from the work area.
- After removal, all surfaces inside the containment area will be wet wiped and cleaned. For asbestos and lead projects, the remaining areas will be coated with a penetrating sealant that locks any invisible, residual fibers in place. For mold projects, the surfaces will be sprayed with a anti-microbial agent .
- Upon completion of the project, the waste will then be transported to the proper disposal site.
- After any post remediation testing, a MRS Environmental Supervisor and crew will return to pick up any remaining air filtration devices, walk the job site, and remove the plastic barriers.
- TDSHS Asbestos Abatement Contractor License # 800954
- Certified EPA lead safe firm # NAT-28900-2
- TDSHS Mold Remediation Company License # RCO0253
- TDSHS Mold Remediation Contractor License # MRC0238
- EPA Lead Renovator Certification # R-R-18381-15-00001